Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chocolate hazelnut wheat cakes.

1st row: chocolate matcha mix
2nd row: chocolate
3rd row: matcha
Yesterday I got a bag of wheat flour.  I opened it up today and the first thing I made were vegan wheat pancakes.  Wheat pancakes are just not the same as non-wheat pancakes.

So here we are... trying to figure out how I can use this wheat flour that seems to absorb liquids if allowed to sit.  This was one of those just mix it in a bowl and hope it will turn out right. Well not really, I sort of measured things out using proportions that should would work.

wheat flour
chocolate chips
butter
baking powder
brown sugar
eggs
chocolate hazelnut spread(nutella.)


matcha chocolate
The cake was moist and very chocolatey.   I also still have some matcha(green tea) powder  so I also did a mix of green tea batter.  I used the rest of my cake flour for the matcha cakes so they came out a little lighter than the chocolate wheat.

Initially I was going to try layers with the green and brown.  But working the batter was a little more difficult than I expected.  Some were green-brown-green, brown-green or like the one on the picture to the right sort of marbled.  Reminds me of an army camouflage.


No comments:

Post a Comment